Tuesday, May 13, 2008

And the menopause goes on

I got my second shot at the beginning of April. Since my firs post when I noticed the break through bleeding and cramping, I have had that every month (pretty much instead of a period). The bleeding has gotten increasingly heavier each month until today I've pretty much had two days of light period. I asked my doctor when I went for the shot in April if this was normal (and if this was really going to help if my body wasn't shutting down like it should), and he only had some vague "Well, lets just see what happens" answer. So I'm just trying to be as patient as I can. And I'm hoping for the best. I hope this really does help me. But I'm a bit sceptical since it doesn't even have the desired effect of stopping my period completely. Has anyone else had this problem??? Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one that has to deal with this stuff. There's no Oprah special on endo (at least not that I know of). We should get together and do something about spreading awareness. Maye we'd have better treatment and diagnosis then. Or at least more viable options.

My side effects have been pretty much the same-a rare mood swing, lots of hot flashes, a bit of night sweats, but nothing that wakes me up (usually the hubby just remarks in the morning that sleeping next to me was like cuddling with a furnace). And the breakthrough bleeding/cramping. I stopped taking the progesterone supplement (bad me, I know), which seems to have cut down on the crazy dreams and even some of the hot flashes. I'm trying to take it every day again now recently because the doc said to.

Anyway, my hubby just deployed a few weeks ago, so I'm trying to keep busy. I'll probably be posting more now that I only have one summer class to keep me busy (plus whatever other things I can find to keep me occupied and distracted). I need to keep doing stuff so that the time doesn't drag on. It's so much harder going through all these crazy problems without him by my side. He's such a great supporter of me.

Anyway, I'm off to search the web for info (or possibly get distracted looking at knitting and crocheting patterns).

No comments: